Friday, July 24, 2009

Sandra Lee's Money Saving Meals


A few weeks ago I got the opportunity to take part in a telephone conference call with Sandra Lee, the Food Network host of Sandra's Money Saving Meals and Semi-Homemade. The conference was to promote Sandra Lee's Fourth of July show on her Sandra's Money Saving Meals which aired on June 28th.

My bad.

Okay, so it's too late for you to watch the special but it's not too late to try out her recipes or you could even check out her show which airs on Sunday's at 12 pm/11 central or Mondays at 2 pm/1 central. The premise of her show is that she makes a budget meal one day and saves part of the prepared ingredients for the next days' budget meal. Her 4th of July recipes were for Ale House Burgers with a Red Onion Compote. Her Round 2 meal, made with ground beef from the Ale House Burgers, is for a Ale and Onion Meatloaf. I am proud to say I made them BOTH. On the actual 4th of July, no less. I'm here to tell you that those burgers were delicious. No joke. In fact, they were so good I've made them 2 times since then. The meatloaf was okay, but half of my kids turn their noses up at meatloaf anyway. I try to tell them it's just a giant rectangular hamburger but to no avail. Oh well, you can't win them all.

Speaking of you can't win them all, during the conference call there was no sign of Tyler Florence at all. Again. I keep hoping that some day I'll get invited to participate in one featuring Tyler.

Sorry but if I'm going to talk about my man Tyler, I've got to include a picture. Can that man handle a pepper grinder!

Then again, if Food Network really reads this post and any previous posts about my crush on him then they might be scared to let me talk to him. I promise to be good. I'd probably be too busy hyperventilating to do anything embarrassing anyway.

14 comments:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

So...how does one get on a food network conference call??

Katie Lane said...

I second Kat's question.

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

I could "third" that question :D

Oh on the meatloaf - have you tried making it in cupcake/muffin tins? Looks totally different than a meatloaf (obviously) and the kids might not realize what it truly is and eat them right up.

I'll need to go check out the FoodNetwork website again and see what the recipe was since I didn't get to see her.

Denise Grover Swank said...

Well, that's an excellent question. One day I started getting emails from The Food Network with "press releases" and then I got an email asking me if I was interested in participating in a phone conference call for Food Network Challenge: Last Cake Standing. I had no idea how they got my name. But after the call, I tweeted to Jennifer James @Mom Bloggers Club (who participated in the call) that I had no idea how they got me name and she said she had given it to them. The only thing I can figure as to WHY she would give them my name was because of a review I did for Mom Bloggers Club for Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Jennifer told me she loved it but General Mills didn't pick it. The commercial was silly but we had a blast making it. You can see it here:

http://www.theresalwaysroomforonemore.com/2009/02/cinnamon-toast-crunch-review.html

Amanda said...

Just thought I'd tell you that I went to school with Tyler in the 6th grader. He was the president of the 6th grade class and I was vice president. LOL And, he is already cute at just 12 years old.

Brandy said...

You are the super coolest mom I know. Especially cause you make burgers with BEER!! LOL!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Honestly Denise! Why not set up something with Tyler?!?!? Food Network needs to get it together!

Nicole Feliciano said...

Love the recipe ideas. But I have a separate question. I am thinking of using Sour Apple to do work on my blog. Would you recommend them?

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I used to love watching his shows! I have one of his cookbooks and love it!

Kristy said...

YOU ARE FAMOUS!!!!!!! LOL

Kristy said...

YOU ARE FAMOUS!!!!!!! LOL

Kristy said...

Oh and another thing I love love love Emmas ponytails!!!!

Love, Kristy

~Isabel said...

Do you think that the next time you're in my area, you could just cook these recipes for me? ;)

I promise to take you to Starbuckies....really. And i'll let you order whatever you want! :)

Angelj052@gmail.com said...

You know what, tyler is very good looking in person...