Thursday, August 21, 2008

Introducing the New Me

Without further ado...

The new me!

Yes, that's me in an Ed Hardy shirt-- like I knew who that was but Ross does, so I must be cool. Now since I have one he says he has to have one too.

Here's a close up of my hair and apparently also my cleavage. Uh, yeah. I wish I wasn't squinting so you could see how green my eyes look, well and also how red my left eye is. I went to bed last night with a BRIGHT red and nasty eye. After multiple eyedrops and eye ointment it did look better this morning but not great. Thankfully for taping they turned me to my left so my right eye was too the camera.

My hair isn't Pippi Longstocking red, in fact I thought it would be even redder than this, but I like it. I think it looks pretty natural. But when they were done and my hair was dry I couldn't believe how green my eyes looked! They were really noticable.

The shoot went well today. I got to go back the the hair dresser to have my hair restyled. I asked him if we had a standing appointment every morning at 8:00 to have my hair done but he didn't quite commit to that. I went to the set which was at the Power and Light District. I hear its a really happening place in the evenings. After I changed and got my make up they taped me walking down some steps and then I sat in a tall stool for a very short interview. Jennifer says that if the pilot is picked up that they might do that part over again. They did ask me about my blog though, which was totally cool! They kids were all there because they had planned to use them in the interview but they were running out of time and didn't show them at all. They boys thought it was funny that I talked about my blog. They said I sounded like an author making a book tour circuit. I was done then so I took the kids to a near by restaurant for lunch since they sat there all morning for pretty much nothing.

I did want to show you something else:

This is my hearth room-- look how clean it is!

Check out my living room! On Tuesday afternoon my youngest brother Rick stopped by and while he was there he looked around and asked "Isn't your thing tomorrow?"

"Yeah."

He looked around again and asked "Aren't you going to pick it up?"

I thought we'd go for the au naturale look but then thought better of it. KIDDING!!!! I told him it was on the agenda for that night. If I cleaned too early it would get messed up. Into the second day the house is looking fairly good. Just don't go upstairs. No cameras were up there so enter at your own risk.
=========================================================

I have decided to start my posts about my Vietnam adoption starting tomorrow. Once I start to post them I will put my blog on comment moderation. I don't know that there will be any ugly posts but I know the internet world for those in Vietnam adoption is not for the faint of heart. I have been filleted and fried on a few occasions for less detailed topics so I am just taking a precautionary step.

6 comments:

wingepr said...

You look GREAT! It sounds like you had a good time.

Peggy

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh - I LOVE your hair. It looks amazing - so healthy!!! Yipee!!!

Unknown said...

The above comment is from me (Wendi), but Gatlin is the one with the Google account. (:

The Sharp Family said...

Amazing. Wow! Hot mama! You deserve it! The good thing about you though... You are just as beautiful inside as you are on the outside! :)

Kristin said...

Wow! Love the new look!! I'm so glad you had a great day of pampering. :-)

Crystal said...

I have just started reading your blog and wanted to say that I think your hair looks amazing!

Also I have great admiration for you. You seem to be a wonderful mom!