Thursday, November 5, 2009

Some Things Are Better Shown Off At Home and Not School

Ryan has made remarkable progress since he started preschool. Since August he now knows all his colors and can even count. I wrote his name and Julia, Jenna and Emma's names on index cards and he can point to each card and tell me who's name it is. But when he sees the letter "R" he doesn't call it an R, he points excitedly and says "That's my name!"

This morning he was writing on a dry erase board as I was preparing to take him to preschool and I wrote an "R" on the board.

"That's my name!"

"Yes, it's the first letter in your name. It's an R." I drew another one and told him to try to write one. He wrote a P so I told him that the R was missing his "leg." I added one and finished loading the dishwasher. When I checked back on him I found that he had written several R's.


 On the 3rd R, Ryan decided to personify it.  The Mr. R has a face, hair, arms and hands.  And something else.



How do I know it's Mr. R? Ryan excitedly showed me that the R had a peepee. Anatomically correct letters, yeah.  Hopefully Ryan won't show off his new found writing skills at preschool today.

13 comments:

Jules said...

Nice! Hopefully he won't give boobies to Mrs. R!

I forsee some parent-teacher conference in your future.

Denise Grover Swank said...

And here I thoguht Emma would be the one in the principal's office.

Unknown said...

too funny! at least he is learning!

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

ROTFLOL! When my second was born my oldest was 4 and in preschool. We had a home birth with the oldest free to come in or out as she wanted. Her preschool teacher asked her to draw a picture of her new baby bro. good thing we checked it before she took it in. She had graphically drawn mommy in a very revealing shot with baby bro crowning!The detail was amazing.Lol. We did save it to show her when she has little ones but we did NOT let her take it to school!

Goosegirl said...

Too funny! I laughed out loud!
Ryan, you are one smart boy!

Kristin said...

hehehe. love the minds of little boys.

mommakin said...

That is far beyond cute...

Brandy said...

L.M.A.O. Seriously between the bible lessons and now the anatomy lesson I am cracking up over here!

Gamma Sharon said...

Cute cute cute. My grandson is almost two and is really starting to find that part of his body... of course we are trying to potty train so that makes it more noticeable.

TuTu's Bliss said...

LOL! That's great.

Kristin said...

That is hysterical! Alex did the same thing to my mom when he was little. She about croaked!

Teresa said...

I laughed out loud when I read this! Glad to see Carson isn't alone in his juvenile delinquent tendencies...

Teresa =)

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!
Go Ryan!