Monday, April 28, 2008

It's a boy!!!!

I am thrilled to announce that there will be a new addition to our family. It's a little boy who is currently in Shangrao City, Jiangxi province, China. He just turned 2 and had a cleft lip (repaired) and cleft palate (partially repaired.) His new brothers and sisters are thrilled!!!! See how cute he is!



(See how he has a tooth brush in his hand? Perhaps his good dental hygiene skills will rub off on my girls.)

His name is currently Ling De Long. I have no earthly idea what his American name will be. I haven't thought of boys names in years. Right now the kids call him Speed Racer for lack of a better name-- it beats calling him "our little guy." But I have until the end of the summer to figure it out. Travel to get him should be around August/September.

I know this is a shock to many people but I had sent my dossier to China last April to beat the new rules that went into effect last May which prohibited singles from adopting. I merely switched my file from traditional adoption to Special Needs.

Who knew that when I titled my blog Room for One More I really meant it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL...I bet you never expected 2 babies in a year! LOL!!!

Congratulations--he's adorable!