Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dance Party

Hello, I'm Denise and I'm pretty much musically illiterate. I've spent the last 20 years listening to music sung by rodents, puppets and dancing vegetables. I can sing every Yo Gabba Gabba song ever written. But real music? Not so much.

Between writing and working out at the gym, I've found that music is indispensable but honestly, who wants to challenge themselves on an elliptical machine to There's A Party In My Tummy? Seriously. That's when I became acquainted with the iPod portion of my iPhone, the very same phone that I got with the world's most expensive cup of coffee. I used to have an iPod but Ross broke his and "borrowed" mine: aka he never returned it. But truthfully, I didn't miss it. I hardly had any music on it. So when I started writing and working out I needed music and who better to turn to? My boys. They hooked me up and before I knew it, I was listening to music on my head phones all the time.

But sometimes you want to share your music, especially when you find yourself listening to the same CD all day long, you just gotta share the love, you know? So I bought myself an iPod/iPhone docking station with a speaker for Christmas and now we listen to music all the time. Okay, so my kids are positively sick of listening to Watchout! There's Ghosts ***, I'm the mom. Go somewhere else. Or stay and dance. Yes, with all this music floating in the air spontaneous dance parties are bursting out at all times.

Dancing is great for many reasons. It makes the kids get their energy out. I get to burn some energy off after sitting in a chair all day and we have fun dancing together. Oh, and I also usually look like a fool, but what's new? Tonight we made a video one of our dance parties. Yes, there is a video with me dancing to Black Eyed Peas Boom Boom Pow. No, it will not be posted to this blog. But here are the girls dancing minus Ryan, who decided he just wanted to watch. Oh, and this is pretty tame stuff. We're usually wilder than this.



Yeah, I taught them all their moves.



*** If you decide to click the link on Watchout! There's Ghosts bear throught the first 20 seconds or so of "screaming" it gets so much better!!!

9 comments:

Jewelz said...

mom?? Really?!?

Denise Grover Swank said...

Yeah, I know you're not a huge fan of Watchout! There's Ghosts. ;-)

Kristin said...

LOVE it!!! That looks just like what my girls are constantly doing! :) I love Emma dancing....so cute! I love that song too! Looks like y'all have lots of fun at your house!

Brandy said...

And where were you missy? You should get in front of that camera and show us the ORIGINAL moves!
I demand it!

Very cute girls!

Jules said...

I adore your girls . . .

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

You have a such a fun house. Love that Emma got in on it too!!!

Okay we need to see the one of you now!!!

Julia, post the one of your Mom for us!! ;-)

Melissa said...

I was on the edge of my seat waiting for your grand entrance! Too cute!!!!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

CUTE! CUTE!

Now...I cannot help but dance to BOOM BOOM POW!!!!!!!

Megan said...

haha! that's awesome!! looks like a lot of fun! =D